Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Y'All!

Hear ye! Hear ye! It's Christmas! But.. It doesn't snow... =_=

I remember exactly last year, my family and me were on our way to my grandpa's place for a Christmas party from Pangkor. Most of our time spent last Christmas was in the car...

Well, as for this year, I kinda got into the Christmas spirit by go caroling with my fellow choristers but I'm still not in the Christmas mood. Everything here is dull and un-Christmas-sy..

Last night, my dad made last minute plans to go to Genting to spend the rest of our Christmas Eve. As usual, it was packed and everyone there was wearing a Christmas cap or the reindeer's antennas. I met 1 of my choir pals there and my family just walked around, taking pictures and ended up counting down in Starbucks where I enjoyed my Iced Green Tea Latte..! I lurve Latte!!! =)

For those who are curious about what I've got for Christmas... I've only got a bag with music notes printed on it from my piano teacher who gives us Christmas presents every year.. And... Nothing else! T.T Christian told me that he got a laptop for Christmas! How cool is that?!

When I went to KLCC to watch MPO perform The Lord of the Rings: A Symphony, I dropped by the Sony Digital Shop and I was wandering through the laptops and fell in love with a pink laptop! Pink wasn't exactly my favourite colour, but I loved it!

Ok, about Christmas, what do you know about it? This is what I know.

  • It's celebrated by Christians and Non-Christians all over the world, to rejoice the birth of Jesus Christ.
  • Some people celebrate it on the 7th of January.
  • Saint Nicholas but more widely known as Santa Claus who lives in the North Pole will take his sleigh pulled by reindeer and send out presents made by the elves in his factory to the children on the Nice List according to what they've wished for. Climbing down chimneys and place the presents under the Christmas tree or in stocking placed near the fire place. Eat the cookies and drink the milk left by children, and be off to the next home.
  • There are traditions that one should kiss under a mistletoe.
  • There are 12 days of Christmas.
  • Mother Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ in a simple stable in Bethlehem.
  • The candy cane is a candy shaped like an old man's walking stick, with red and white stripes. It's given out on Christmas.
  • Christmas pudding!
  • Christmas caroling is those who spread the joyous mood of Christmas / the good news that Jesus Christ is born by singing. That's us! =P
  • There's also the Yule log... Which I'm not sure what it's for... Burning, I guess...

Here are how you say Merry Christmas in different languages! I'm not sure if it's correct 'cuz I just used the Yahoo! Translator.. =_=

  • 圣诞节快乐!(Chinese)
  • Selamat Hari Natal! (Malay)
  • Vrolijke Kerstmis! (Dutch)
  • Joyeux Noël! (French)
  • Frohe Weihnachten! (German)
  • Χαρούμενα Χριστούγεννα! (Greek)
  • Buon Natale! (Italian)
  • メリークリスマス! (Japanese)
  • 즐거운 성탄! (Korean)
  • Feliz Natal! (Portuguese)
  • С Рождеством Христовым! (Russian)
  • ¡Feliz Navidad! (Spanish)

Merry Christmas to all! And a Happy New Year! =)

No comments: