Thursday, August 21, 2008

Out of the blue

I think I've told you that I've bought a book entitled Chicken Soup for the Ocean Lover's Soul that was torn and tattered when I first saw it at the bookfair in school. I asked if there was another copy of it (in better condition), but since it was the last day in my school, there was none left. Wow, I thought, many of us Kwang Hua-rians are ocean lovers, huh? Now, I regret having my eyes caught on Leehom's book (which as time goes by, I'll grow bored of it) and not look around on the first time I went to the bookfair...


So, eventually, I bought the book, despite it's "ugliness", yea right. Well, it's a book! What do you expect?! It should be nice and "well dressed", it should be torn and tattered. It's what those adults or teacher used to say when they look at your book.

It's because when it is nice and "well dressed", it doesn't symbolize that you are a book lover and takes good care of your books. It symbolizes that you don't flip your books open that often, meaning that you are not hard working enough. =_=''' On the other hand, if it's torn and tattered, it doesn't meant that you are not a caring-book type. It means that you have flipped through your books so very often that it becomes torn and tattered, like salted vegetables (kiam chai)! Lol...

What comment is that... I am really the first type, which cares for her books (NOT comics) and will get really mad if someone just opens the book really big and old just a little of the pages which leaves a mark there...

So, ok... Back to the book...

For those who haven't really got a chance to drop by those beautiful sandy beaches or islands, rather, in the East Coast of Malaysia, I'm sure not many of them will be ocean lovers. Maybe because the first image of the word ocean or beach in my part of the country would be something like Port Dickson or Morib Beach or even the beach near my grandfather's place in Kapar. The beaches are mostly covered ironically covered with rubbish! Everywhere! Or even covered with muddy, yucky 'sand'... Not the typical white sandy beaches with shimerring azure blue which can be only found in the East Coast of Malaysia. The water is ewwy-icky-ly brownish and can maybe spot a baby diaper in it! Seriously!

So in this book, it's mostly about... the ocean. Duh!

Unlike the people here, people who live in the US or the UK or even better, the Bahamus or the Maldives or the Medditeranean where great white sandy beaches embedded with beautiful pebbles and shells, blue skies and seabirds flying around it really EXIST, like how the book described it, they will spend their whole summer holiday in their nearest beach. If you want me to spend even a night camping in the nearest beach, which is the muddy beach near my grandfather's place, I'd rather sleep in the car...

Blue was always my favourite colour. Blue can mean feeling down or sad, but it can also be calming and soothing. Blue, is the main colour in the making of mother nature~! It's the colour of the sky when it's sunny and when we should be outdoors, of course. It's the colour of the sea where there are unimaginable discoveries can be made. It's even the colours of the mountains when we look at it through the morning mist. Blue is a really rare colour one could have in their garden, I just knew this today while watching Martha Stewart's.. =P

I think, because my favourite colour is blue, I am such a nature lover.


The last time I saw the blue waters was when I was in Langkawi last Christmas. But the most breath taking island that I have ever been in my 16 years, is Redang! I can't wait to go back there again! I wonder who will I travel there with the next time... Hehe!

Writers in the book writes as if you can meet a baby pup or seal or sea otter or whale if you just take a trip down to the nearest sea. I'm pretty sure that I could never had a chance to meet those wild beauties here. Not in the filthy waters of the Straits of Melacca, or even the South China Sea.

My dream for now, is to touch, feel, ride a whale, a dolphine or a sea lion. Maybe train it to be able to do some cool tricks. One of my wildest ambitions is to work as a animal trainer... Hehe...

Ahhh...... I can't wait till I've changed my Best Island Traveled from Redang to Bali next Saturday! Hehe.. I heard that Bali was also one of the Paradises on Earth! Yay... Bali, Bali, here I come! Can't wait to go back to the warmth of the Ocean! =P

Tata for now! =)

Ps: I've not done even a bit of my homework this hols.. I know that I will be facing the consequences this Sunday night, burning the midnight oil and the candle at two ends...! Help!!

No comments: