Monday, January 4, 2010

Feeling L.O.S.T.

Now that it's after Secondary School, everyone is again, going their separate ways. But unlike graduating primary school, this time, everyone is going a lot more further apart.

So most of my friends are already enrolled in college or already in college doing their A-levels or SAM program or whatsoever. But here I am, facing the computer everyday since the 1st of January, doing absolutely nothing. No job, no school, no classes. And I'm so bored I almost died of boredom... And now that school reopened, my little brother had just started secondary school and I'm alone at home.

I guess this is what they usually say, feeling like a ship lost at sea.

I'm still now sure if I'm suitable for studying music. I'm not sure if this really is my path. But I hope it is because I don't have much options to choose from. I like music, but I hope I won't end up as a music teacher in the future. I hope to write songs for movies or films like, for Disney's animation or Pixar. =) Songs like the theme song for Titanic or Forrest Gump. Songs who can withstand the test of time and people of all ages, young and old, will be humming along to. Songs that make people cry, songs that make people connect.

I would like to meet people like Alan Menken who wrote most of Disney's theme song that is familiar to people of all ages. He wrote songs from Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules and also songs from Enchanted in which the "Happy Working Song" got everybody hummin' for weeks! He's naturally talented and gifted, where I'm the total opposite of. My musical talents are not at all a gift nor a talent I had.

I know that I dream big, but it is merely a dream. If I really want to make this dream a reality, then I have to work extra hard. I hope that I can look back some day in the future and smile, not regretting that I took the "road less traveled by".


The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments: