Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Perfect Saturday... =)

Today was not quite a typical Saturday, but it felt almost perfect to me...

Adele wasn't my alarm clock today.She told me happily, "I wasn't your alarm clock today!" She was my usual Saturday Alarm Clock cause she comes to my place for piano lessons by my sis every Saturday morning while I'm still in bed.. She'll usually crepts up to my room and start covering me in pillows and soft toys on my bed or just sits on my bed starting to cough (like last week) OR she'll just jumps on my bed like it's a trampoline...

YYV came to stay overnight at my place last night just after we finished our tuition because we are taking part in a cooking competition with me only knowing how to cook instant noodles, fry eggs and some other crazy self-invented recipes... So, she came over to just cook something together... It was quite unplanned since we didn't have the slightest idea of what to cook... So, we just cooked something really strange... Well, the pumpkin soup was fine, because it wasn't really cooked by us. We just did the cutting up of veggies... Haha! We fried some chips and I put TOO MUCH salt... We made Tomato Fish (is it what it's called?) and only the sause tasted nice. The fish was... Uh... Sort of a disaster... And we made omelette with TOO MUCH mashed potatoes... =_= We ended up finishing up the mess we cooked...

The happiest thing for me is that there's no Violin class today! Yippee! Hehe.. It's not like I hate violin lessons but we were told to practise a crazily up tempo-ed, Old Joe Clark. It was alsmost impossible to memorize and even impossible for us to play it at that speed! The song was only full of semiquavers going up and down with sharps and flats all over the score! @_@

It was raining for 2 days now... I love to hear the sound of the raindrops falling on the window pane in my room.. Lying in bed, listening to the pitter-patter of it... It sounds like some kind of rain dance that they're dancing to... I'd rather stay home at this weather, enjoying it indoors... The atmosphere is cooling and relaxing... Not hot and sweaty like it usually is...

I'm currently in love with some songs...

1. Cinderella by Steve Chapman
It about a song that he wrote for his daughter as a father.

In the lyrics, it says, "So I will dance with Cinderella, While she is here in my arms, 'Cause I know something the prince never knew, Oh I will dance with Cinderella, I don't wanna miss even one song, Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight, And she'll be gone..."

It says that she wanted to practise her dancing with him because she was invited to a ball in the castle, later saying that her prom night is here soon and lastly, seeing a wedding ring on her finger indicating that she's getting married soon.

I find this song really touching and tells the story that has been kept in our dad's heart for so long... He was singing many dad's heart out...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY

2. Teardrops on my guitar by Taylor Swift
Using the name Drew, Taylor Swift had also sang the hearts out of many girls... Having a good friend and finding out that he had found the right girl for him.. But just couldn't tell him how she felt for her...

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star, He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S9VeQpRX7NY&feature=related

3. 保佑我 - 李志清
Although this was a very old song, but I loved it the very moment when I heard it on the radio sang by the original composer of this song. The plain guitar background giving you the feel that you are by the sea... It literally means "Pray For Me"... The composer, Lee Zhi Qing, is a talented young man from Malacca, Malaysia that had wrote songs for many artists, such as, Emil Chau 周华健, A-Du 阿杜, Rynn Lin 林宇中and also S.H.E.

I fell in love with acoustic songs accompanied by just a simple guitar... =) The clean strumming and plucking of the notes. Simple yet heart warming... 我... 爱上了木吉他的那把声音...

No comments: