Saturday, April 19, 2008

Music.. Is a hard and long way to the top...

I'm not really sure if I have the right to say this here:

Everyone thought that wow, you learn both the violin and the piano? You must be really good!!! But, in reality, I'm not that good. Surrouding by various outstanding musicians, some even younger than me but yet they are way more better than me, I just a speck of dust in the whole universt. Sometimes, I even feel like I'm just the unexisting dust...

Sigh! Once again, I've went to my violin lessons and came back again, and didn't took any praises from my teacher. Instead, my sister who I guess didn't really practice that much, did better than me, who practised...

Today, he told us that to touch people's soul, we should use our "inner eye" to imagine a that the sound we produce from the violin comes from a further place and not just in front of us... How would I do that?! He just show us the way we play, but how can I do that? Even if I try my best, not even a word of praise from him... And that really dissapoints me...

Sometimes, I even think of giving up the whole music thing... But I can't do it... Thinking that after I stepped into this world, I shouldn't step out of it that easily...

No comments: